What is vcloud director ?
VMware vCloud Director (vCD) is deployment, automation and management software for virtual infrastructure resources in multi-tenant cloud environments.
vCD 9.0 Installation steps :
1) First you need to download the vCD from https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/info/slug/datacenter_cloud_infrastructure/vmware_vcloud_director/9_0
2) Then copy that file to the tmp directory on the vCD server.
3) Installation steps :
- Run ifconfig to verify that both IP addresses are configured on the server .
- then use chmode to installed bin file ( chmod u+x vmware-vcloud-director-distribution-9.0.0-7034009.bin ) .
- Then installer ( ./vmware-vcloud-director-distribution-9.0.0-7034009.bin )
- Once installed you are prompted for configuration. Stop this (CTRL + C) because we need to configure certificates first. (We need the install o complete because it will load some tools for generating the certificates)
- then configuration ( /opt/vmware/vcloud-director/bin/configure )
- Now you need to open the port 443 on vCD then access vCD on http://internal-vcd-ip
- Now check 443 is allow on firewall ( firewall-cmd –list-all )
- If not use this command to add the services :-
- firewall-cmd –zone=public –add-service=https
- firewall-cmd –zone=public –permanent –add-service=https
9. For external access on public IP you may need to NAT traffic to your vCD server from your perimeter firewall .
10. Now check the vcd service status then stop and start it .
- service vmware-vcd status
- service vmware-vcd stop
- service vmware-vcd start
Thanks hope you like it.