VMware vSphere 6.0 contains below new features
- VMs will support up to 128 vCPUs and 4TB RAM.
- ESXi Hosts will support up to 480 pCPU, 12 TB RAM, 64 TB data stores, 1000
VMs, and 32 serial ports.
- vMotion Enhancements. vMotion across virtual switches and vMotion across vCenter Servers
- Network IO Control – New support for per-VM and Distributed vSwitch
bandwidth reservations to guarantee minimum server level.
Download ESXi server
- Get the software from https://my.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/evalcenter?p=free-esxi6
- You need to login or create an account to access VMware vSphere Hypervisor license and downloads
- Once done you will be receiving the Activation link to download the same.
Before going to install the VM ware ESXi 6.0 server, you have to make sure your hardware necessary System Requirements.
- 64Bit (x86) processor with VT-x or AMD-V (Enabled in the BIOS level)
- Dual core processor
- RAM minimum 4GB (Only for Basic installation)
- 10GB space of local storage (Only for Installation) For Creating Virtual machine you have to add more space as required
- NX/XD bit must be enabled for the CPU in the BIOS
Once you insert or mount the ESXi CD or ISO and reboot the server, it will display a boot menu with an option to launch “ESXi Installer” as shown below.
Then you will get default option is to boot ESXi 6.0 Standard Installer then click Enter .
After that ESXi starts to boot continue the installation
Then you will enter WelCome to the VMware ESXi 6.0 installation screen Hit Enter to Continue .
Now Accept VMware End User License Agreement to proceed.
Find the Disk where you want to install now Select and Install VMware ESXi 6.0 & Enter.
Then Choose your language and hit Enter .
Now Enter a root password for ESXi 6.0. also make a note and proceed further
Press F11 to Install ESXI 6.0
Once Installation completed press Enter button to reboot ESXi 6.0.
You will the Installation of ESxi 6.0 is Completed successfully.
After installation Now we will see configuring the Network settings .
Now press F2 key for configuring the network settings and Authentication Required for credentials .
After that you will get the various options to do the following changes to the ESxi 6.0 server.
- Change User password.
- Assign IP Address and DNS IP Address
- Hostname Change
- Configure Keyboard Option such as Language settings
- Viewing the logs for any error
- Any Issues you can troubleshoot from here
- You can also reset entire host configuration one go
Navigate to Configure Management Network and hit Enter.
Then yo you will provide the IP address for VMware vSphere Management, Gateway and Subnet Mask Hit Enter and if you would like to disable IPv6 then select disable IPv6 by pressing space bar .
Similar way you can add the DNS Settings as per your Network setup.
This is about the installation and configurations of VMware ESXi 6.0 you need to download and install the VMware Sphere client to access the same where we can create and manage the Virtual Machines based on our needs.
Thanks hope you like it.